Tuesday, March 19, 2013

La Femme Paris







I once heard that, 
“You're never alone when you're reading a book.”

I myself have never been an avid reader. But when I do find a good book, I find often myself lost amongst the pages.
And for one book in particular, this quote rang true. 

A year ago, I heard about this new novel called, "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain . Intrigued by its 1920's Parisian setting, I knew that this might be a book I could actually finish!

The story starts out with a young lady named Haley Richardson. Haley came from a dysfunctional family, and was urning to leave the confines of her simple life.
However on one trip to visit a friend in Chicago, Haley's life seemed to change. Haley met a young writer by the name of Ernest Hemingway, and this was the beginning of a passionate, sad, and true love affair. The story follows the young couple's journey to Paris where they struggle to find their place along with fellow writers such as F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ezra Pound.

"The Paris Wife" became so much more than a book to read by the beach. I felt as if I was there and a part of the Hemingway's lives. This novel taught me valuable lessons on love, life, and loss. I most definitely recommend checking it out the next time you pass by the book store!

Always, Miss. C



Sometimes I wish we could rub out all of our mistakes and start fresh, from the beginning,’ I said. ‘And sometimes I think there isn’t anything to us but our mistakes.” - The Paris Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS