Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NYC Street Style : Casual Spring Attire for School!

Today, I’ve contrasted a classic silhouette with some edge.


Keeping true to a school-like look, I’ve paired a dark wash pair of Pac Sun Jeggings with a beautiful JCrew Wool Tan Blazer.


However, if you know me, I hardly rock a preppy blazer without a cool graphic print. I’ve paired my spring blazer with a sweet graphic sleeveless tee from Brandy Melville, (perhaps one of my favorite new stores). I love love love this print- not only is it an ode to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but it also has some subtle stars and stripes. Since it’s still only around 45 degrees here in New York City, I put a black cardigan from Urban Outfitters on top of this summery tee. It’s all about layering in those changing spring months.


Finally, to enhance the edge a bit more, I paired my brown Steve Madden Combat boots with high cream/speckled socks. Lately, I’ve been loving the trend of knee-socks and boots. It’s a nice opportunity to pick up and enhance certain tones of the outfit, (as well as the fact that your feet will always be nice and warm!) Finally, finished with my Raybans and studded white bag from Nordstrom’s bp, I’m set for a day of classes!
 Cheers, xo alanna martine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS