Wednesday, June 19, 2013

NY STREET STYLE; TREND ALERT

Attention Fashionistas!

Miss Lindsey always tells her that I remind her of Ariana Grande. Why? No idea. but I absolutely take that as a compliment for I adore her style! One of the trends she constantly sports are cropped tops.

According to Seventeen Magazine and many other fashion street wear sites, cropped tops are totally in for this season.

Cropped tops are adorable and brilliant for summer, for their not completely belly shirts, but are lightweight and short enough to keep you cool throughout those hot summer days. I also love the notion that these shirts can be worn with a completed outfit and are versatile enough to throw in a beach bag like a  bathing suit cover up. My favorite brands that offer these specific tops would have to be Urban Outfitters and Brandy Melville.


Contrary to popular belief, one doesn't have to match a loose cropped top with a tight bottom- in fact, I've lately been LOVING mixing cropped tops with bubble skirts, like Ariana. (skirts that simply have round volume).


Here, I've paired a cropped tshirt top from URBAN with a Brandy Melville bubble skirt. I decided to be more conservative by choosing a longer cropped top- there's no need to show off your whole stomach like Ariana per se.


Notice that the combination of the volume on top and on bottom gives great definition to my waist. So rather than looking bulky, the extra fabric actually moves to show my stomach off a bit, and this gives off an almost hourglass looking affect. 

This look is a great option for all of my fellow petite ladies out there! Have fun with these shapes, cause you really don't have to play by the rules when it comes to the cropped top trend.

Enjoooooy !
Cheers, x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS