Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NY STREET STYLE: PROM EDITION

Although we are not attending prom this year or anymore, we have many friends who are attending and will be attending prom in the near future! Lindsey and I were decked out head to toe both years we attended prom, and so today, my post is going to share with you guys some ideas and tips for prom makeup and accessories. 
I've created two looks: a super dressy look & one that is more free spirited, but still sophisticated.
Here's a look into what I would do if I had to do it all over again:
Dressed to Impress ::
Makeup

For this stunning and super dressy look, its all about the highlighting and sparkle.
01. For eyes, I would use a solid base and matte shadows for the lid. Here I've chosen Mac's Painterly Paint Pot and Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette for the lid/ crease shadows. Since we are going to be doing a lot of highlighting on the cheekbones and brow area, you want to keep the shadows matte so you don't look overly sparkly!
02. To highlight the eye area, I would use a shimmery champagne pigment on the brown bone and tear duct. Here I've chosen Mac's Silk Stocking pigment.
03. For cheeks, I wanted a peachy pink shine, so I went with Mac's Springsheen blush.
04. Here's the fun part: highlight your cheekbones, cupid's bow, and a little on your nose with Dior's Amber Diamond highlighting powder. This is an absolutely gorgeous highlighter and it will complement any skin tone. 
05. For bronzer, I would stick with Benefit's HOOLA, because it's pretty matte and it will balance out the matte shadows well.
06. For lips, I've chosen a gorgeous lip combo- YSL's Rouge Volupté in #2 and Mac's Honey Lust Lipglass. This creates a gorgeous but not too sheer nude lip.

Accessories

For my dressy accessories, I went with lots of GOLD! Accessories like these will complement any solid color or (large) printed gown or dress. 
01. Steve Madden 
02. Vintage Gold Clutch
03. Diamond-gold tear drop earrings (ESTRADA)
04. YSL Rouge Volupté #2 for touch ups

>> These were my prom shoes last year for the prom I attended at my school. 


Free Spirit ::
Makeup

For this more casual and free spirited look, I've decided to play with a lot of mattes. 
01. Same eye base and shadow as before, but the only difference is that I would use the lightest shadow in this palette (Venus or Foxy) to highlight the brow bone and tear duct.
02. One word: LINER! Winged liner, that is, and lots of it. Here I've chosen Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in Black ink. 
03. This time, I would use a softer highlight for the cheekbones, cupids bow, and nose- preferably Benefit's Moon Beam. (You can use Benefit's High Beam if you have a paler skin tone).
04. This time I would also use a matte blush: I've picked out Mac's Mocha.
05. Same bronzer as before to keep the matte-look going!
06. And finally, a cute sparkly deeper nude lip would complement this free spirited look. I've chosen Mac's Viva Glam V Lipstick and Lipglass. I really love this combination and it's super perfect for spring/summer.

Accessories

For more casual accessories, I used some gold and balanced it out with some pattern and wood. These accessories would look awesome with a solid color dress/ gown. 
01. Jessica Simpson
02. Weezie D
03. Vintage Gold Clutch
04. Mac Viva Glam V Lipstick for touch ups.

>>>> Love these!

Best of luck to everyone's prom preparations, and most importantly, have fun ladies!
(And if you need any prom makeup artists/ stylists at a reasonable price, Miss Lindsey and I are always around-- :] ).

These makeup looks and tips are also great for any occasion really, even if you aren't attending prom!

Cheers!x
-- Alanna Martine & Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS